Subject: BAD SU
To: None <tech-security@netbsd.org>
From: Seth van Buren <seth.vanburen@eserv.com.au>
List: tech-security
Date: 09/05/2000 13:19:04
  by mail.netbsd.org with SMTP; 5 Sep 2000 02:20:26 -0000
  (8.8.5/IDA-1.6 for <tech-security@netbsd.org>); Tue, 5 Sep 2000 12:18:46 +1000 (EST)
From: "Seth van Buren" <seth.vanburen@eserv.com.au>
To: <tech-security@netbsd.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 13:19:04 +1000

Hello,
Forgive me as this is my first time in the mailing list.

I recently had to r epair my NetBSD system when I was moving my /usr partion
to another disk.

Now, every time I "su" to an account (except from root) I get a "BAD SU"
error in the syslogs.

I can su from root to another account (this does not require a password),
but not from any account other than root.

I have checked the passwords, I can log in ok directly to accounts from the
console.

I have check the grop file, everthing seems fine.

Can some one help me as I see that the only way to resolve this is to
rebuild the NetBSD system.

Or maybe this message would be more appropriatley posted to another mailing
list.

Any help appreciated.

Seth