Subject: Re: racoon moves to pkgsrc
To: None <tech-security@netbsd.org, tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-security
Date: 04/05/2000 13:07:27
  by softdnserror with SMTP; 5 Apr 2000 04:08:46 -0000
	by coconut.itojun.org (8.9.3+3.2W/3.7W) with ESMTP id NAA17430;
	Wed, 5 Apr 2000 13:07:27 +0900 (JST)
To: tech-security@netbsd.org, tech-net@netbsd.org
From: itojun@iijlab.net
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 13:07:27 +0900

>	Due to unstability, tons of incompatible changes scheduled in the
>	near future, and fear of backward compatibility constraints, I'll move
>	racoon to pkgsrc next week.
>	I'm still not sure what to do about 1.5 branch.  At least, I don't
>	feel that racoon is ready for inclusion to 1.5.  If you would like a
>	stable IKE daemon today, isakmpd (pkgsrc/security/isakmpd) looks to
>	be a very good candidate (though I myself have not test it in detail
>	yet on NetBSD).

	As announced, I've moved racoon build tree into pkgsrc/security/racoon.
	It would checkout the latest racoon from NetBSD anoncvs tree and
	compile it.  We may need some improvement in the pkgsrc.

	crypto-intl/usr.sbin/racoon was removed.  I am unable to modify
	crypto-us repository yet, and I need help from someone in US to
	synchronize crypto-us with crypto-intl.

itojun