Subject: firewall, encryption
To: None <tech-security@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Koornstra <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.org>
List: tech-security
Date: 03/08/2000 23:00:19
  by redmail.netbsd.org with SMTP; 8 Mar 2000 22:15:49 -0000
	by ux1.ibb.net (8.9.3/8.9.3/UX1TT) with SMTP id XAA02173
	for <tech-security@netbsd.org>; Wed, 8 Mar 2000 23:00:19 +0100
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 23:00:19 +0100 (MET)
From: Reinoud Koornstra <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.org>
To: tech-security@netbsd.org

Hi There,

One question.
At the netbsd site i saw a link to a netbsd firewall.
Very nice of course.. exept, we allrdy got ipf from Darren Reed.
Why another firewall? Is it better? Is the code more like the entire code
of the netbsd project, that is for example clean code?
Sometimes i dont understand things... i mean linux has got ipchains,
iptables, freebsd got ipfw and now netbsd has also a firewall.
What's best? Was ipf not satisfactory? I mean, it's very bussy in
developement all the time and Reed is very active in it.

Is there new work being done in encryption implementation? Yet 56 bit des
is used to encrypt the passwords. In version 1.4.2 it still is.
Is this gonna change in 1.5? Perhaps i can be of a help in this?
I work myself in math. Let me know.
Bye,

Reinoud.