Subject: floppy disk mounts and securelevel=2
To: None <tech-security@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-security
Date: 08/14/1999 12:45:05
  I have a machine set up for securelevel=2. I "kill 1" to get back to single
user mode to mount a floppy. With at least 50% occurance, maybe higher, the
system hangs when I do:
	mount /floppy

  I have "/dev/fd0a /floppy msdos rw,noauto 0 0" in /etc/fstab.
  It doesn't occur if I boot single user.

  It doesn't hang that hard -- characters echo, pings are answered, but I
have to hit the red button to get out. I thought I had DDB compiled in, but
CTL-ALT-ESC doesn't get me into the debugger.
  Any ideas? Anyone tried this?

]      Out and about in Ottawa.    hmmm... beer.                |  firewalls  [