Subject: Re: cryptosrc-intl
To: None <tech-security@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-security
Date: 07/16/1999 20:15:37
    Rafal> Please note that "crypto hooks" (crypto-in-the-hole or whatever BXA calls
    Rafal> it) are just as export controlled as the crypto itself (I'm sure you all
    Rafal> knew that, but from Michael's message, it wasn't clear that he intended
    Rafal> this as a workaround for lack of certain pieces of crypto code in the
    Rafal> NetBSD tree or as a general export workaround).

  No, this isn't for crypto-export. I don't have that problem on this
side of the gorge (I'm in Niagara-on-the-Lake, I can look the window and
see Youngstown).
  My interest is in making things aren't that interoperable without RSA
easier to distribute in binary, or easy to compile (no ./configure) form.

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|  firewalls  [