Subject: Re: cryptosrc-intl
To: None <tech-security@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-security
Date: 07/14/1999 16:05:05
    >> If IDEA source code can't *exist* in the source repository because
    >> some use of the code might infringe on a patent, how can you have DSA
    >> code that also might infringe on another patent? As I see it, the IDEA
    >> case is equivalent to the DSA case. The difference is that Ascom might
    >> be more agressive about defending their patent since their patent
    >> expires at a later date.

  It is now 4pm and I have a two hour meeting with some ASIC guys.
  Tomorrow I go on vacation for 6 days. Unless I hear some clear consensus
before I go (assuming I manage to finish reading email, which is unlikely),
then I'll assume that the removal of the code can wait one week.

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|  firewalls  [