Subject: Re: what to put into cryptosrc-intl tree
To: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: tech-security
Date: 06/23/1999 15:48:47
>  This is my idea:

>1. openssl
>	a) This gets us basic cryptography routines: DES, 3DES, IDEA, CAST,
>		RSA, DSS, DH. We should have a libdes.a, and libcrypto.a.

Note that ssleay/openssl can be built patent-free with -DNO_RSA, -DNO_IDEA
etc.

>3. I'd like to see an SSLtelnet/d imported.

Feel free to grab mine.  Its a later code base and is all setup for
BSD make and macros anyway :-)  I also have Makefiles etc for building
libcrypto.so etc on many *nix.

Hmmm, might have to think about the libsslfd wrapper library.
See http://www.quick.com.au/help/sjg/sslfd.html
Also I've not yet taken the plunge with openssl vs ssleay.

--sjg