Subject: Re: changing default user from bin:bin to root:wheel
To: Luke Mewburn <lm@cs.rmit.edu.au>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
List: tech-security
Date: 02/19/1998 14:53:22
In some mail I received from Luke Mewburn, sie wrote

> BECAUSE `bin' MUST DIE!!!
>
> seriously, if we going to get rid of uid bin i'd get rid of gid bin.

do we need to get rid of them ?  I'd do for just removing their usefulness.
at least on the first pass anyway.  I can't think of anything that needs it,
just that it's been there since god knows and if there aren't direct system
dependcies which cause it to break, then there's always 3rd party.

> our NFS export can map out groups to nobody as well, and since a lot
> of the directories are already group wheel i figured we go for
> consistency.

cool.