Subject: Re: NFS file handles are guessable.
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 03/10/1997 11:50:22
[ tech-kern removed from Cc: list ]

> Frankly, though, I'm sick of the circus. We have a standing offer from
> people in Finland to host the NetBSD master source machine there, in
> the free part of the world, so that the U.S. users would only import
> NetBSD and never export it.

This works great for the source distribution, but not necessarily for
development (most of the developers are in the US, I think, and
trans-atlantic speeds are not always fabulous) or binary distributions
(unless the folks building the binary distributions are all in some
free part of the world).

Alternatively, perhaps some folks from the free unix-like OS world
could get together to spearhead an effort with the EFF to break down
some of these restrictions.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com