Handling pullups

Hi folks,

Chatting @ FOSDEM we had fun discussing getting rid of CVS, and
apparently we could use documentation for that particular purpose.

I was wondering how we would like to handle pullups.

One of the suggestions was pullups might be best handled by
creating a one-off branch for the pullups, where commits are
grafted and merges are resolved, putting the vast majority of
must-be-manual burden on just the submitter (as opposed to "both the
submitter and releng")

I really like this idea, but wondered: how should we handle the
naming of branches? if we use branches that are later removed, then we
can freestyle.
Otherwise, we'll probably want some consistent naming policy like
pullup_pkgsrc_firefox_65_0_1.

Thoughts?

(This was at the illumos dinner, if you were wondering why you didn't
hear it. I am super excited about this, hoping that if we ease up the
work of pkgsrc-releng then we can make a lot more out of pkgsrc-stable,
like longer branch time)