Re: End-user VCS thoughts

On 17/01/2015 01:48, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> GIT:
> - very slow operations (diff, status, log...) in larger repositories

Whilst cvs only operates within a directory, git operates on the whole
repository unless a marker is given.
This applies to many alternatives to CVS as well, such as fossil and
probably hg.

git diff .
Is a quite fast when you drill down a directory or two.

status and log sadly do operate on the whole repository.
For the log operation I tend to prefer a web view, which is normally
very quick.
I rarely use status (in cvs or other) so I don't know how to get you the
same data faster.

Roy