Re: Proposed conversion strategy

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 11:31:55AM -0700, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> The conversion from fossil to git (which the most-used git mirror of
> NetBSD uses) takes nearly twice as long as from CVS->fossil.

The most annoying aspect for us is that I could never get incremental
fast-import to work reliable on the git side. Having to write all the
blobs on every round just for git to drop them as redundant sucks. The
commits are several order of magnitudes less problematic. Last time I
tried, git would not find objects it declared as present in its own mark
file. So if there is anything testing and fixing is mostly needed on the
git side, it is that.

Joerg