Re: The essential problems of moving from CVS

On 2010-01-16 01:22 +0000 (Sat), David Holland wrote:

> But I don't understand this claim; rejecting some particular instance
> of distributed SCM because that instance has currently insurmountable
> technical problems is not "a decision not to seek the advantages".

This is where we disagree; you believe that the problems with git are
insurmountable. I believe that a not unreasonable amount of coding work
(to fix the conversion issues and set up scripts to deal with some
NetBSD-specific usage issues such as $NetBSD$ tag expansion) and some
changes to the way we work (such as a different way of dealing with the
issues for which we currently use partial checkouts) would surmount the
problems.

> The current status is that no available system is suitable....

It is my opinion that this is, in part, because we've "decided" (in the
usual NetBSD default way) on a set of requirements that makes this so.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <cjs%cynic.net@localhost>         +81 90 7737 2974
             http://www.starling-software.com