Re: Git conversions and branches

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 08:56:52AM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
> On 2009-10-13 09:38 +0200 (Tue), S.P.Zeidler wrote:
>
> > htdocs, othersrc, pkgsrc, src and xsrc are now available as
> > (bare) git repository copies....
>
> I note that these have no branches in them. Can the cvs-git conversion
> process preserve branches? If so, has anybody tried that and seen how it
> works?

For all other branches in the CVS repository that aren't the default one,
you need to re-run "git cvsimport" with the branch name you're wanting to
convert.  I did this when converting over the FVWM CVS repository to Git
(which has thirteen years' worth of history -- lengthy, but doable.)

Tags are transferred automatically, as you'd expect.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"It was the cruelest game I've ever played and it's played inside my head."
-- "Hush The Warmth", Gorky's Zygotic Mynci.