The first step away from CVS

Hi all,
I've been having a look at Git and Mercurial and I've worked out that the first thing we need to do (regardless of what we do second) is to convert all the CVS commit messages to UTF-8. We will probably need to assign character sets to individual developers and then re-encode commit messages based on who did the commit. I'm not entirely sure how to implement this, but since I don't have write access to the CVS repository, it is SEP ;-)

Cheers,
Lloyd