Re: git copies of cvs modules available

At Wed, 21 Oct 2009 01:02:32 +0200, "S.P.Zeidler" <spz%serpens.de@localhost>
wrote:
Subject: Re: git copies of cvs modules available

> Thus wrote matthew sporleder (msporleder%gmail.com@localhost):
>
> > Is there a git:// repo setup?  It's usually much faster than http://
>
> No, I don't want to run Yet Another Network Daemon there, and git isn't
> supposed to be the only VCS for testing (and playing with).

I meant to say two things about this:

  1. It's not a fair comparison to test any such tool without testing it
  properly with the most efficient network access protocol(s) possible.

  2. GIT is really and truly the only VCS worth considering for NetBSD
  as a whole.  Hg, the only other one worth looking at, at all, just
  can't realistically perform well enough with a repository this size.

That said I'm nearly ecstatic about the possibility of using GIT to
manage my use of NetBSD as a third-party developer!  It would be a
truly amazing step forward for the project as a whole!

--
                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.

<woods%planix.com@localhost>       +1 416 218 0099        http://www.planix.com/