Subject: Re: svn disk usage: where we are and where we're going
To: Eric Gillespie <epg@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-repository
Date: 09/14/2007 09:54:26
On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 10:45:39AM -0700, Eric Gillespie wrote:
> NetBSD developers seem to be concerned about this space penalty
> from two angles; correct me if I have missed something.

FWIW, I understood the problems raised here different: svn
(maybe only in older versions) seemed to be a runtime memory hog, so
slow in everyday use.

And it used significantly more disk space (as you explained) for every
checkout - while other systems only used that once (for the replicated
database).

I completely do not understand how this is related to older hardware
or support for other archs in any way.

It is certainly a problem for people working on a lot of branches or having
multiple work areas checked out simultaneously.

Martin