Subject: Re: cross-build trouble?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-ports
Date: 04/30/2002 17:05:57
On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 04:13:10PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> build.sh -a powerpc -d -m macppc -D /home/mouse/macppc -O /home/mouse/macppc/.obj -U

As a note, build.sh does a simple lookup to get '-a powerpc' if you just
specify '-m macppc', so the -a is redundant.

I've been using a command like this, specifying -T and not -O.  I
haven't had any problems like these.  Do you have any tool-related
environment variables or variables set in /etc/mk.conf?

Cross-building does work, modulo problems with installboot on some
platforms, compiler foo on others, and such-like.  I use x86->macppc
all the time, though.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...