Subject: Re: Considering port to new processor
To: None <justin.wojdacki@analog.com>
From: Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
List: tech-ports
Date: 03/29/2001 21:13:06
In message <3AC28A58.3571C6FD@chiplogic.com> Justin Wojdacki writes:
: Anyways, I'm considering porting NetBSD to the Lexra 41xx family of
: processors . They are pseudo-MIPS processors targetted at embedded
: systems and system-on-a-chip platforms.

Cool.

: Perhaps the most significant deviation
: (besides some instruction set issues) is that these processors have
: very simple MMUs (Single Address Space, User/Kernel mode,
: Cacheable/Uncacheable, not much else). I'm in the process of reading
: over some porting documents
: I found online, but could someone on this list give me an idea of the
: kinds
: of issues I need to be aware of before starting this project?

Good luck.  It is very hard to get Unix running on a machine without
an mmu.

You might want to post to port-mips@netbsd.org as well if it is mips.

Warner