Subject: Re: "pkg-config" problems under Mac OS X Leopard
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/26/2007 12:39:01
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 10:58:23AM -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > Do you need this x11/xcursor? Does your native X already provide a better
> > libXcursor?
>
> I think so. But I don't think that "pkgsrc" detects that.

What package are you trying to build that pulled in xcursor? We may need
to fix its dependency to not use x11/xcursor but (if applicable) to use
x11/libXcursor/buildlink3.mk instead.

(Note the x11/libXcursor/buildlink3.mk will use x11-links if not
"modular".)

As for detecting, that is done with builtin.mk file, but I was assuming
that old xcursor wasn't used by anything.

> Mac OS X Leopard provides an X11 which is very similar to the one
> provided by our modular X.org solution. But e.g. "x11-links" seems to
> ignore a lot of the ".pc" files.

I worked at updating them (but looks like I last committed to them long
ago). Can you provide a list of files under your X that are not also
listed in the pkgtools/x11-links/files/xorg.* ??