Subject: Re: make info
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/19/2007 15:28:41
In article <20071119135928.GA10397@colwyn.zhadum.org.uk> Matthias wrote:
: On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 01:08:39PM +0100, Adam Hoka wrote:
: > > WARNING: This make target (info) is about to be removed.
: > > Why does anybody want to remove this target? I can't be more than two
: > > lines of makefile code.
: >
: > But, do you really need it?

: I find it very convenient. And I fail to see any good reason for
: removing it or even having this dicussion.

  Roland added these warnings since the file in which the targets are
defined had a comment saying they will be removed.  These warnings are
to solicit opinions from people actually using these targets.  On
previous occasions, an ``I use it and find it convenient'' has been
enough to get the warning removed.

  In that vein, feel free to remove the warning, or ask Roland to do
so.

					yours,
					dillo