Subject: Re: Some pullup-requests
To: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/01/2007 09:05:28
On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 01:55:18PM +0100, Dennis den Brok wrote:
>> databases/shared-mime-info , which recently received a build fix
>> for NetBSD {2,3}.*
>
> I said it in the ticket -- I strongly object that and I will just back
> out the change if noone bothers enough to help to fix the real issue.

 	So what are the options?

 	a) INCOMPAT_GETTEXT+= NetBSD-[123].*
 	   Builds and runs, but the same binary could end up pulling
 	   in system and pkgsrc gettext, with associated issues
 	b) We declare INCOMPAT_GETTEXT for everything on NetBSD-[123].*
 	   Clean & quick, but something of a sledgehammer
 	c) Some logic to fixup the files so the other gettext can handle
 	   them
 	   The best solution, but the most work