Subject: Re: Outdated ion3 pkgsrc in violation of the license
To: Philip Paeps <philip@freebsd.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/29/2007 09:05:44
On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 06:16:05PM +0100, Philip Paeps wrote:
> On 2007-10-28 18:12:00 (+0100), Philip Paeps <philip@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > On 2007-10-27 16:36:47 (-0500), Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
> > > See this email on NetBSD's tech-pkg below.
> >
> > It was sent to me as well.  I replied forgetting to Cc: the list.  My reply
> > was that I had sent a patch to update to the latest version on 28 September
> > but that pkgsrc was frozen at the time.
>
> I've attached the patch again here -- I realize now that I only sent it to
> ghen@, who has been playing NetBSD proxy for me, and not to any list.
>
> If someone would like to commit this - with or without extra RESTRICTED lines,
> I would be very grateful.

Sorry Philip, I forgot about it after the freeze (and I'm not sure whether he
would have accepted terms like "freeze" and "stable branch" as an excuse,
judging from his e-mail).

Anyway, I think he's being unreasonable.  Even if I had committed this update
"on time", a next one would have been too late.  The guy just seems to have a
problem with packagers in general.  He has even threatened with legal action
against some[*].  That's not someone I want to deal with, and others here have
expressed similar opinions.

	Geert

[*] http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/tur-users/2007-April/004634.html