Subject: Re: how to "make" a target in a different pkgsrc directory?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/13/2007 15:09:14
On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 03:02:36AM +0200, Klaus Heinz wrote:
>   SOME_PKGSRCDIR=foo/bar
>
>   pre-extract:
>     set -e; cd ${.CURDIR}/../../${SOME_PKGSRCDIR}; make configure
> works for "make clean" but not for "make extract". The result of
> "make extract" is mostly (if the distfile for bar-08.15 is available
> locally):

It doesn't work. It fails miserable in bulk builds in one way or the
other as soon as any additional dependencies are involved.

Please don't add any such code and if we missed something, KILL IT.

> Is there some other way I can make a target in a different pkgsrc directory?

Use a Makefile.common and share parts of the build description. But hook
this into the normal build of the package.

Joerg