Subject: Re: RFC: Fix for IMAKE_MANINSTALL handling
To: NetBSD pkgsrc Discussion <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/13/2007 15:07:23
On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 02:02:19AM +0200, Roland Illig wrote:
> I think it is just as complicated as it has to be. Otherwise, how do you
> generate two bin-PLIST entries from one src-PLIST line, without skipping
> some of the PLIST transformations for one of the items?

The platform imake rules specify the extensions and directories. They
should either match the man dirs or the cat dirs. The PLIST magic for
man pages can take care of the cat pages, if man pages are used.

I would seriously discuss always using devel/imake though, that would
make the whole xpkgwedge/x11-links easier or unnecessary. We should also
in general discuss to drop all cat pages from packages and especially
from the bmake mk rules.

Joerg