Subject: Re: bmake-20071008 posted
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Gerraty <sjg@juniper.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/11/2007 10:19:35
Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de> wrote:
>Can you please merge in the patches to allow specifying arbitrary shells
>instead of hard-coding them from a single directory? I've mailed you
>those earlier with a minor bug. That's important for Solaris :-)

Ah, sorry - just found your mail - arrived while I was in a black-hole.
BTW when I import bmake here at work I skip configure - it is a
generated file  - keeps the diffs much smaller and easier
to review.

The shell handling in make was cleaned up a while back by dsl I think
and probably achieves what you are after (see below).
This is all included in bmake, I suspect the shell handling in
configure.in needs an overhaul as a result (not that I had any problems
on SunOS).

Anyway, the following in a makefile should do what you want.
It basically says to use /usr/xpg4/bin/sh with all the internal settings
for /bin/sh

.SHELL: name=sh path=/usr/xpg4/bin/sh

I'll take a look at configure.in

BTW What was the minor bug?