Subject: Re: amd64 cvsup Re: rsync-2.6.9 has a remote-user-shell
To: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
From: Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/10/2007 22:36:28
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:55:59 -0400
George Georgalis <george@galis.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 04:20:21PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> >On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 01:12:08PM -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
> >> it only supports "checkout" mode so I can't use it to populate a
> >> mirror with rcs files, only clients from an already existing rcs
> >> mirror.
> >
> >Just use rsync for that.
>
> each rsync mirror has its own set of files available
> by the protocol, but of the several sites I checked,
> I've not seen one with rcs files.

	I pull the pkgsrc CVS repository by rsync from rsync.allbsd.org
(netbsd-cvs/CVSROOT/ and netbsd-cvs/pkgsrc/ the rest of netbsd-cvs is
there). I also pull the DragonFlyBSD cvs from chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de.
There are other rsync mirrors around with all of this - these are just the
handiest ones for me.