Subject: Re: apache, ap-perl and threads (again)
To: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz@oktsieben.kh-22.de>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/01/2007 14:06:37
In article <20071001110440.GA598@silence.homedns.org> Klaus wrote:
: Hi,

: the problem with apache (by default built without threads) and ap-perl
: (using a perl built with threads by default) has come up several times
: in the past but it looks like no solution was committed.

: As far as I can see people suggested two possible solutions:
:   - warn people they have to set "APACHE_CUSTOM_CFLAGS=-pthread" in
:     their mk.conf file
:   - Adding NetBSD-3.[0-9]-* to _BLNK_DLOPEN_REQUIRE_PTHREAD_PLATFORMS
:     in mk/dlopen.builtin.mk

: Both worked for me with current pkgsrc. I would prefer changing
: _BLNK_DLOPEN_REQUIRE_PTHREAD_PLATFORMS.

  I think _BLNK_DLOPEN_REQUIRE_PTHREAD_PLATFORMS is the correct fix,
as it also fixes packages other than apache.

: I guess, the problem also occurs on NetBSD-4*? Do the above solutions
: apply?

  Last time this came up, I was told that this was fixed in NetBSD-3
(which is obviously wrong, but which is why I didn't commit it).  So
maybe it really is fixed in NetBSD-4.  Please commit the change for
NetBSD-3; we should test it on NetBSD-4 before adding that as well.

	     	    	    yours,
			    dillo