Subject: apache, ap-perl and threads (again)
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz@oktsieben.kh-22.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/01/2007 13:04:40
Hi,

the problem with apache (by default built without threads) and ap-perl
(using a perl built with threads by default) has come up several times
in the past but it looks like no solution was committed.

As far as I can see people suggested two possible solutions:
  - warn people they have to set "APACHE_CUSTOM_CFLAGS=-pthread" in
    their mk.conf file
  - Adding NetBSD-3.[0-9]-* to _BLNK_DLOPEN_REQUIRE_PTHREAD_PLATFORMS
    in mk/dlopen.builtin.mk

Both worked for me with current pkgsrc. I would prefer changing
_BLNK_DLOPEN_REQUIRE_PTHREAD_PLATFORMS.

I guess, the problem also occurs on NetBSD-4*? Do the above solutions
apply?

ciao
     Klaus