Subject: Re: difficulty from renaming packages, and how to deal
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/21/2007 13:43:37
          Renamed GConf2 to GConf [wiz 2007-09-21]
          Moved GConf to devel/GConf [wiz 2007-09-21]

Right now renamed (and the entire CHANGES) is about PKG_PATH, and
doesn't mention NAME.  Often renaming PKGNAME and PKG_PATH, and I think
it's better to have a single line encodethe entire transformation.

regarding Jeremy's suggestion about pkg_summary and setting variables to
list the old places, that sounds ok to me, but I don't want to require
that this be done before fixing the source situation.

(Really, I think fixing the source situation should have been a
prerequesite for any moves that aren't fixing serious problems, and
stray 2 in gnome is not in my view serious compared to the pain that
renames involve.)