Subject: Re: identify packages that were custom built?
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/19/2007 22:19:45
In article <46F1678E.6080503@pkgsrc.org> Johnny wrote:
: It would be nice if a "make update" or "make replace" would try to grab
: the PKG_OPTIONS of the currently installed package and use those as the
: package options for the new build.

  Sounds good.

: I guess putting something like this at the end of bsd.options.mk would
: suffice:

:         .if defined(PKG_OPTIONS_OVERRIDE)
:         PKG_OPTIONS=    ${PKG_OPTIONS_OVERRIDE}
:         .endif

: Then you could do:

:         cd pkgsrc/net/samba
:         make build PKG_OPTIONS_OVERRIDE=`pkg_info -Q PKG_OPTIONS samba`

: And possibly make the "update" and "replace" targets automatically set
: PKG_OPTIONS_OVERRIDE in the same manner.

  This would not catch options that are no longer supported or that
have been renamed.  I don't think setting PKG_OPTIONS *after* all the
checks is a good idea.

      	      		  	      yours,
					dillo