Subject: Re: official logo proposal
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/17/2007 19:54:30
On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 07:09:07PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
> >>I'm not so sure that unfolded cube is "instantly recognisable" for
> >>anyone that doesn't know what pkgsrc is.
> >
> >because a folded cube is?
>
> And who said it's obvious that it's a folded cube?

I think the point is that the 3D cube is not "obvious" either.  It took
a while before I realized it symbolised a package, myslf.

Besides, so what if the logo is not obvious and needs some explanation?
The *BSD daemon isn't exactly obvious either (to those not familiar with
UNIX concepts, and maybe even to those with).

	Geert