Subject: Re: official logo proposal
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/17/2007 14:12:45
* On 2007-09-17 at 07:54 UTC, Dieter Baron wrote:

> While the folding paper box design by Thomas Bieg is very original and
> expresses elegantly what pkgsrc is about, it is a rather complex
> design with many small parts; it would not work well in small sizes,
> or on buttons or t-shirts.

That's a real shame, here we had a great opportunity make people sit up
and say "heh, that's cool" with, as you say, a very original and clever
design.  Something distinctive, something different, something instantly
recognisable.

I don't see many externals and potential users getting the same feeling
from, well, a box.

Unless they are a cat.

--
Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                       http://www.netbsd.org/