Subject: Re: devel/libgetopt: incompat. declaration of builtin strlen
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/15/2007 08:44:40
On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 04:39:02PM -0400, Blair Sadewitz wrote:
> Well, the case I had in mind when I proposed this wasn't libgetopt,
> but rather deciding whether or not to define __GLX_ALIGN64 for Mesa
> (both within and outside xorg-server).

Well,
echo 'char test[sizeof(void *) == 8 ? 1: -1];' | \
${CC} -o /dev/null > /dev/null 2>&1

is a test for 64bit pointer sizes. But depending on which types they
actually include, it is already the base alignment. It would strongly
depend on the usage. I've added an item to my TODO list to check what
Mesa is doing.

> <string.h> was included in the libgetopt build; that was the first
> thing I looked for.  Did you mean to make sure that it's included in
> applications that use libgeptopt?

The warning about strlen is a typical sign that the actual doesn't
include string.h.

Joerg