Subject: Re: xine buildlink issue
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: thuja <solidago_caesia@yahoo.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/14/2007 19:10:58
David Brownlee wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, thuja wrote:
>
>> I'm just an untypical home user running NetBSD 4.0.  After my
>> installation I
>> got to here solving my KDE sound problem, but don't understand how to fix
>> xine-arts with this information.  Could you please explain?  Thanks!
>
>  	What version of xine-arts do you have (the latest one with the fix
>  	is xine-arts-1.1.7nb1). If you have xine-arts-1.1.7 and a copy
>  	of the latest pkgsrc then you *should* be able to just
>  	'cd pkgsrc/audio/xine-arts ; make clean ; make replace'
>
>  	'make replace' is a special pkgrsc target that just rebuilds a
>  	single package without rebuilding all the packages which depend
>  	upon it, and should be used with care. In this specific case
>  	xine-arts-1.1.7 -> xine-arts-1.1.7nb1) it is perfectly safe.

Thanks, I got sound working!  I had to install pkg_tarup to get it to work,
but othrwise it went smoothly.

I am slightly puzzled why given that the last posts on this issue were over
a week ago, why I'm still facing this problem?  I just installed netbsd last
night.  Is this an issue?  Or is it just something I don't understand?
Also, if I may ask here:  How do I compile Amarok with MySQL in NetBSD?

Thanks.