Subject: imake man page handling broken?
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/14/2007 10:50:53
Hello,

in my private builds (NetBSD 4.99.30, X11R6-4.7), I have some problems
with imake-based packages: They install both man- and cat-pages, since
IMAKE_MANINSTALL has the value "maninstall catinstall", which I think is
fine:

 > bmake show-all-imake
imake:
   pkg   IMAKEOPTS (undefined)
   pkg   XMKMF_FLAGS (undefined)
   pkg   USE_IMAKE = yes
   sys   IMAKE_TOOLS (undefined)
   sys   IMAKE = /usr/X11R6/bin/imake
   sys   IMAKE_MANINSTALL = maninstall catinstall

Now it seems as if previous versions of X11 only installed the
cat-pages, since the files-check is complaining:

=> Checking file-check results for nas-1.9
ERROR: ************************************************************
ERROR: The following files are in /usr/pkg but not in the PLIST:
ERROR:         /usr/pkg/man/man1/auconvert.1
ERROR:         /usr/pkg/man/man1/auctl.1
ERROR:         /usr/pkg/man/man1/audemo.1

And indeed, running both imake from XFree86-4.5 and XFree86-4.7 results
in Makefiles that differ in the rule for installing man pages.

Files to help understand the issue are at:

     ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/misc/rillig/nas-1.9/

How can we solve this problem?

Roland