Subject: Re: perl's defined "man" directories
To: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/06/2007 19:14:21
Alan Barrett wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Sep 2007, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
>> If site directories are not managed by pkgsrc, I'm wondering if we'd put
>> them outside of /usr/pkg (e.g. in /usr/local).  Is that possible/easy?
>
> I make a symlink from /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl to
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl, so locally-installed (non-pkgsrc) perl
> modules don't completely disappear when I rm -rf /usr/pkg.  It might be
> nice if Perl just knew to look in /usr/local instead of /usr/pkg for the
> "site_perl" directory.  (Substitute PREFIX or LOCALBASE or whatever for
> /usr/pkg and /usr/local.)

When you build lang/perl5, you can specify PERL5_SITEPREFIX=/usr/local
in your /etc/mk.conf to get exactly what you have above.  This makes
Perl hardcode all of the "site" variables in Config.pm to be
"/usr/local/...".  By default, PERL5_SITEPREFIX is ${PREFIX}, or "/usr/pkg".

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>