Subject: Re: make replace broken?
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/01/2007 12:40:37
  > See /usr/pkgsrc/mk/flavor/pkg/replace.mk for how this happens.

  Yes, but I would like to have it fixed rather than fixing it myself :-)

Fair enough, and I already understand this, but it has been working for
me quite well with no errors.
If the require database is wrong, then that may not be handled properly.

So, if you can see what the state of work/ and /var/db/pkg/foo is next
time, and send me the details, I'll see if I can figure it out.

I did a make replace in graphics/png, after updating mk pkgtools
graphics/png and reinstalling pkg_install.  The rest of my pkgsrc is
kind of old, from 28 August.

Here's the end of my build

=> Automatic manual page handling
=> Generating post-install file lists
=> Registering installation for png-1.2.19
=> Checking file-check results for png-1.2.19
=> Checking file permissions in png-1.2.19
=> Checking for missing run-time search paths in png-1.2.19
=> Checking for work-directory references in png-1.2.19
=> Fixing @pkgdep entries in dependent packages.
=> Removing unsafe_depends and rebuild tags.
===> Building binary package for png-1.2.19
Creating package /usr/home/gdt/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc/packages/All/png-1.2.19
Using SrcDir value of /usr/pkg
===> Cleaning for png-1.2.19

png is required by 21 packages on my system.