Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/doc
To: None <gdt@netbsd.org, tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/28/2007 09:33:39
In article <20070827231822.BCFD721507@cvs.netbsd.org> Greg wrote:
+       o Figure out a way to have "pkg_install -u", probably with a
+         flag, preserve the value of the automatic tag.  We do not
+         have consensus on the right behavior.

  If the -A flag is given, preserve automatic, otherwise clear it.  If
any dependencies are updated, preserve the automatic flag.  make
replace would have to learn to pass -A when updating dependencies.

  That way, automaticity is preserved for dependencies, and is cleared
for the package I actively update.  I think this is following the
principle of least surprise, given how pkg_add without -u works.

  Any objections?

					yours,
					dillo