Subject: Re: pkg_summary doesn't indicate PKG_SUFX
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/27/2007 20:44:37
In article <Pine.NEB.4.64.0708271335280.423@glacier.reedmedia.net> Jeremy wrote:
: The pkg_summary database doesn't indicate PKG_SUFX.

: We know the download site for the packages because the download location
: for the pkg_summary.gz is in same All directory.

: And the filename without the file extension is in the PKGNAME in the
: pkg_summary record.

: But we don't know the file extension. From mk.conf:

: #PKG_SUFX= .tbz
: # Create binary packages with bzip2(1) or gzip(1).
: # Possible: .tbz, .tgz
: # Default: .tgz

: For now I will assume .tgz except for some of my own package builds and
: downloads I have frequently used PKG_SUFX=.tbz

: Should we add PKG_SUFX to the pkg_summary(5) in one way or another (maybe
: add FILENAME field that would include that)?

  Yes, sounds reasonable.  Either FILE_NAME (we already have
FILE_SIZE), or FILENAME; both is fine by me.

					yours,
					dillo