Subject: Re: pkg_rolling-replace calling 'make install'?
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/19/2007 01:50:22
At 19:36 Uhr -0400 18.8.2007, Greg Troxel wrote:
>I should have read further.  I see that you were building www/dillo and
>that built x11/gtk.  So I conjecture that www/dillo was rebuild=YES or
>unsafe_depends, and you didn't do -u.

"unsafe_depends", I think.

>This is if anything a quirk in pkgsrc, where make replace invokes make
>install in dependencies, when maybe make replace would be better.  It's
>a messy situation - which is why I almost always use -u to pkg_rr.

Mhm. The choice of packages for a "make install" is funny, though - right
now, pkg_rr (I should alias pkg_rolling-replace to that, to avoid RSI ;)
tried and failed to "make install" amanda-base, but properly replaced
amanda-client and amanda-server; then it replaced gtar-base properly, but
tried and failed to "make install" gtar-info. Guess I'll try a "pkg_rr -u"
next.

	hauke