Subject: Re: Broken pkgsrc tools
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/05/2007 02:03:05
On Sat, Aug 04, 2007 at 08:56:00PM +0000, John Klos wrote:
> While it's trivial to do an rm -Rf /var/db/pkg/pax... whatever, it's not
> exactly intuitive for new users, nor is it meaningful to have a "-f" flag
> for pkg_delete if it doesn't really mean "force". Will this ever be fixed
> for good?

pkg_delete -ff. This has been said more than once. It is also a good
case of RTFM:

     If a package has been marked as a preserved package, it will not be able
     to be deleted (unless more than one occurrence of the -f option is
     given).

Note that at least pkg_add does not work in the current form without
both pax and tar. I am working on fixing that and once it is in place we
can actually provide a much better update/replace in pkgsrc for
infrastructure components.

> Also, lintpkgsrc (the very latest) is giving me this again (on another OS
> X system):

Which bmake version do you have?

Joerg