Subject: Re: Disabling gtk-demo from gtk2
To: None <dmcmahill@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/23/2007 00:05:11
On 22/06/2007, at 23:09, Dan McMahill wrote:

> Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
>>>
>>> not my top choice but I can live with that approach.  Can it be
>>> setup to automatically be updated when gtk is updated?
>> Err... and what does update mean in the pkgsrc context?  I mean,
>> which approach are you following?
>> We could make this gtk-demo package depend on a explicit version
>> of gtk (modulo the revisions).  This way you'd be forced to keep
>> it in sync with its corresponding gtk package.
>
> You're right, I wasn't quite clear about what I meant.
>
> I was thinking of a makefile.common so when you changed the gtk
> source version in pkgsrc, the gtk-demo package would automatically
> be pointing at the new gtk sources.  Basically I wanted to avoid
> people updating what version of gtk we have in pkgsrc and not
> updating what version of gtk-demo we have in pkgsrc.

Oh yes, that'd be the idea.  Hopefully, creating the gtk-demo package
will be a matter of automatically adjusting (by means of some
subst.mk magic) the link paths in its Makefile, just as we do now
for, e.g. gst-plugins-* or gnome-vfs2-*, and sharing as most as
possible in our Makefiles with gtk2.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>