Subject: Re: "torrentutils" vs. "bash"
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/22/2007 10:42:58
> I'm trying to build "pkgsrc/net/torrentutils" on my Mac OS X system.
> Despite the fact that Mac OS X provides "/bin/bash" and
> "pkgsrc/mk/tools/tools.Darwin.mk" knows that "pkgsrc" is trying
> to build "pkgsrc/shell/bash" as a dependence.
>
> How do I debug what's going wrong? I've tried "bmake PKG_DEBUG_LEVEL=2"
> but it doesn't produce any useful output.

The package Makefile has both:

DEPENDS+=               bash-[0-9]*:../../shells/bash

and

USE_TOOLS+=             bash:run gmake perl:run

pkgsrc/mk/tools/tools.Darwin.mk has:
TOOLS_PLATFORM.bash?=           /bin/bash

net/torrentutils/Makefile should probably remove the DEPENDS bash line.

  Jeremy C. Reed