Subject: Re: various problems with pkgsrc under solaris
To: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
From: Dan McMahill <dmcmahill@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/21/2007 01:36:35
Raymond Meyer wrote:
> I'm not sure what's wrong with your pkgsrc setup. I use custom built scripts
> for setting up chroot jails and don't have any problems. I can send you
> instructions (they're pretty long) and my scripts, if you're interested...

ah ha!  Whats the saying?  When you have eliminated all other
explanations the only remaining one, however improbably, must be it?  I
concluded that my computer must be possessed by demons that could only
be exorcised by dropping to single user mode, running a fsck (which
showed some file system damage) and rebooting.

Now everything is working fine.

I'm wondering if maybe there is some underlying bug in the nullfs code
which caused some corruption of my /tmp directory and thats what was
causing all of this.  The timing was just bad luck that it showed up
about when I updated a bunch of things which confused the issue.

Anyway, sorry for the noise, everyone please resume hacking on pkgsrc.

-Dan