Subject: lang/ghc on NetBSD/amd64
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/15/2007 03:36:42
I'd like to build GHC on my -current NetBSD/amd64 box so I can use
darcs.  I read the documentation, and figured that a sensible course
of action was to use a COMPAT_NETBSD32 chroot to build the i386 HC
files.  Unfortunately, I get tons of errors--mostly coming from when
bmake is run, but I didn't have time to trace it yet to be sure--about
an invalid syscall (22).  The perl build also fails at DynaLoader
(beacuse of ld.so AFAIK).

I'm wondering if anyone could provide me with a tarball either from
their own amd64 build or even an i386 build (the porting fact explains
how to generate them, that step isn't hard).  I don't care if it's
registered or not, I just want to get started (it'll take a few
decades to compile anyway, heh).  Of course, if I get anything working
I will feed patches back for pkgsrc.

If in reality I have everything I need in the distfiles, please throw
me a bone about what I should do to get this going.

Thanks a lot,

--Blair