Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/bootstrap
To: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmerino@ac.upc.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/30/2007 11:25:31
On 30/05/2007, at 11:09, Dieter Baron wrote:

> In article <20070530014300.6221221507@cvs.netbsd.org> Amitai wrote:
> : Log Message:
> : We no longer need to check $pkgsrcdir for case-sensitivity.
>
>   Cool, thanks for all the work.
>
> : XXX Is it time we stopped checking $prefix, too? IMO, yes.
>
>   Could you do a bulk build and then extract the list of all files
> from all binary packages and see if there are any conflicts resulting
> from case insensitivity?  Then we would at least know which packages
> break.

We could check almost all packages by looking at the PLISTs.  This
could be automated somewhere and checked, e.g., prior building the
package (aborting the build if the check failed).  However, I agree
that disabling the check for $prefix could be good too!

The work directories are a different issue though.  We cannot easily
check for conflicts inside the distfiles (well, we could by
inspecting 'tar tzf's output, for example) nor the files they produce
during build...

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmerino@ac.upc.edu>