Subject: Re: SoC Part I: pbulk
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/16/2007 18:39:44
On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 12:32:14PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> There's clearly going to be some scheme for worker nodes to ask for the
> next package to build,

Yes, by asking the master node via TCP. This can be forwarded via ssh or
other means, if necessary.

> and to fetch the prereq binary packages that are
> needed.  I'd like to see this explained, and in particular whether it
> relies on a shared filesystem.

The way I am currently using it is via NFS. Other approaches is to just
rsync the currently available list. Using FTP would be an option as
well, but has the problem of checking for up-to-date packages being much
harder. So a shared filesystem is one option, but not required.

Joerg