Subject: OWN_DIRS_PERMS gives wrong perms
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@schmonz.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/06/2007 19:29:20
Hello!

I'm working on an update to mail/roundcube. While I'm at it, I'm
trying to pull a few pkgsrc strings in order to avoid the software
modifying ${PREFIX} at runtime. For instance, instead of writing logs
under ${PREFIX}/share/roundcube/logs, I want them to go under $
{VARBASE}/log/roundcube:

OWN_DIRS_PERMS+= ${VARBASE}/log/roundcube ${APACHE_USER} $
{APACHE_GROUP} 0755

The directory gets created with the proper owner and group, but mode
0644:

drw-r--r--   3 www  www  102 May  6 19:24 /var/log/roundcube

And this is warned about at install time:

===
The following directories are used by roundcube-20070502 and
have the wrong ownership and/or permissions:

         /var/log/roundcube (m=0755, o=www, g=www)

===

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Here's my working (which is to
say, non-working) diff:

http://netbsd.schmonz.com/patches/roundcube.diff

Thanks,

- Amitai