Subject: HEADS UP: Removal candidates for Gnome 1 cleanup
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/06/2007 00:33:25
Hi!

Please take a look at the following list of packages and let me know
if you are still using one or more of the following packages.

The list should contain all packages that depend on the by now very
old gnome-libs package, one of the core packages of Gnome 1.

Gnome 2 is rather mature by now and Gnome 1 is unsupported, so I'd
like to get rid of most (if possible all) Gnome 1 packages sometime
soon now.

devel/GConf			(replaced by GConf2)
devel/anjuta			(pulled in via gnome-build, perhaps
				 gnome-build should be updated or
				 removed here)
devel/bonobo			(replaced by libbonobo)
devel/eel			(replaced by eel2)
devel/gal
devel/gnome-build
devel/gtoolkit-examples
devel/libglade			(replaced by libglade2)
devel/mrproject
devel/oaf
finance/gnucash-gtk1		(replaced by gnucash)
graphics/gdk-pixbuf-gnome	(included in gtk2)
graphics/gpaint
graphics/librsvg		(replaced by librsvg2)
graphics/p5-Gnome
graphics/py-gimp
ham/gpredict
lang/gb
math/guppi			(obsolete)
multimedia/ogle_gui
net/soup			(replaced by libsoup-devel)
print/gnome-print		(replaced by libgnomeprint)
security/tinyca
sysutils/gnome-vfs		(replaced by gnome-vfs2)
sysutils/medusa
textproc/py-xmltools
textproc/pyDict
wip/directory-administrator
wip/gdam
wip/gwc
wm/econf
wm/icepref
wm/sawfish			(gtk2 version in wip/sawfish-gtk2)
wm/sawfish-replibs
wm/sawfish-themes
www/glibwww
www/gtkhtml			(replaced by gtkhtml38 and gtkhtml314)
x11/control-center		(replaced by gnome2-control-center)
x11/gdkxft
x11/gtoolkit
x11/multi-gnome-terminal
x11/pygtk
x11/rep-gtk

Additionally, I'd like to drop optional Gnome 1 support in:
chat/bitchx		(gtk option; error?)
editors/xemacs-current	(gnome option)
graphics/gimp1-base	(gimp1-helpbrowser option)
wip/avahi		(gtk option; error?)

Cheers,
 Thomas

P.S.: tech-pkg cc'd, but reply-to set to pkgsrc-users.